Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Week #1

I'm still in the process of figuring out how to manage this blog. Whenever possible, I will write as much as I can. Whenever I can't, I will try to make some form of a weekly sketch that provides info about where I was, and what I was doing.

As time and experience progresses, will (I hope) eventually get the hang of things!

May 31 - Flew out from Toronto, arrrived at Vancouver airport, picked up by Mike, first visualizations of Vancouver while driving to his home in North Vancouver

June 1 - Morning at the Cleveland Dam, re-assembly of bike, met Julian and , Grouse Grind, hung out at Mike's house, once visited (tailgated) Spencer while he was running the "Vancouver 100".

June 2 - Went over to Darski's house to help him move Leanna's pics from local gallery. Went out for first ride to the north shore MEC, had my fall on Fell, went for dinner with Mike and Morna at her parents place. Cousin Philip (maritime lawyer from UK) was visiting - great stories of his travel experiences.

June 3 - Spent the day "catching up" with various loose ends, contacting Warm Showers people, prepping for ride to Whistler. Rode out to Vancouver for first time - Lion's Gate bridge. Visited the Robert Lee YMCA, and attended a hatha yoga class.

June 4 - Headed out for my ride from North Vancouver to Whistler. Stopped and took various photos on the ride up. Met up with Alex (WS = Warm Showers) as she was finishing work. Went back to her place for dinner and settling in.

June 5 - Woke up for breakfast with Alex, then headed out with Alex to ride the gondola up Whistler. Hiked up with Alex, enjoyed the views, then hiked down. Alex went to work - I went Peak 2 Peak, yoga on the gondola, exploring above. Met up with Alex at work, picked up various things needed for dinner.

June 6 - Woke up early and went out for coffee in Whistler, worked for several hours updating things. Returned to Alex's around noon, fixed her bike, rode out with her to Lost Lake. She went to work, I rode around exploring. Hung out on dock on Lost lake, which turned out to be the nudist dock. Met a couple from Vancouver, and a local from Whistler, and enjoyed the afternoon talking to them while chilling in the sun. Early evening, rode out to Pemberton. Met with my hosts Anna and Nikki (WS).

June 7 - Originally planned on exploring farming areas near Pemberton, but clouds looked ready for rain, so opted to start my ride to Squamish. Cool breeze was perfect for uphill climb to Whistler. Picked up the rest of my stuff from Alex's in Whistler, met her at work to say bye, and continued on my way to Squamish. Made it to Karen/Russ (WS) around 6-ish. Enjoyed drinks with Karen, had dinner with both her and Russ, then went for an evening hike around their neighbourhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment